Saturday, June 9, 2007

James & Harriet Alger Descendents

The 2007 Alger Reunion is quickly approaching! The date is August 18, 2007 in Woodland Hills, Utah. We're still trying to locate many of our cousins and appreciate any information you may have! This year, we will sorely miss Loretta Preston, Mozelle Alger, and Clifford Alger. They were very excited about the upcoming reunion. Personally, I know how pleased Cliff was with the 06 Reunion in Petaluma. With that said, I am really appreciating my health and all of my family. I plan to attend as many future family gatherings as possible and look forward to meeting each of you!

It's very exciting to have this opportunity to get acquainted. I am amazed at the personality traits that are so apparent in Alger descendants. I am referring to the very powerful-positive strengths we have inherited. I've always known that my siblings and children possess the ability to "make things happen"and "achieve the impossible". The word "can't" is not in the Alger vocabulary. It's fantastic to meet our cousins and observe these traits in them as well!

Dan Alger (Merrial’s son) has devoted many hours to gathering histories for the book that will be available in time for the reunion. We are grateful for the submissions and enthusiasm from everyone. Writing our own histories was an extremely difficult and emotional task for some of us. The history book is being published for our family and Dan is generously providing a copy to each 1st cousin. I am excited and looking forward to reading the book. Try the family history link to the left for a preview.

No comments: